- Benchmark Hospitality
- $34,070.00 -61,530.00/year*
36 Sylvan Rd
Benchmark's company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company's stated purpose is \"to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the \"benchmark\" by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:
The Laundry Attendant position is responsible for cleaning and monitoring the hotel linens and terry by washing, drying, ironing, and providing the Housekeeping, Food and Beverage and Hotel with guest laundry needs. This position must have the highest regard for safety for themselves and others. Prior experience preferred.
As a truly unique destination, this picturesque retreat features restful lodging, delicious dining, and exceptional meeting and special event venues designed to accommodate corporate executives and leisure guests. By joining the Doral Arrowwood Team, you become part of Benchmark Hotels & Resorts. We have a mosaic of talent that drives our passion to be the difference by creating memorable experiences in the lives of all we serve.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND FUNCTIONS:
* Recognize any guests by name, showing enthusiastic appreciation for their patronage.
* Following assigned job tasks issued by a supervisor on a daily basis.
* Assist in any tasks, written or verbal, assigned by management.
* Maintaining a clean and organized work area throughout shift.
* Sorting all linen on a daily basis.
* Assisting all laundry department personnel with their job assignments, when necessary.
* Loading and unloading all dryers in the proper manner, to include the cleaning of lint traps in dryers two times daily or when needed.
* Operating linen spreader, towel/linen folder and iron in the proper manner.
* Operating a commercial washer/extractor in a relief capacity as directed.
* Assist in pick-up of loading closets when necessary.
* Utilizing disposable gloves, and the necessary protection, while working in the laundry area.
* Turning off equipment prior to leaving at the end of each shift.
* Ensuring gas is turned off, and that rollers on the iron are in up position at the end of each shift.
* Reporting any problems or malfunctions of laundry equipment to a supervisor.
* Maintain a good working relationship with all Departments.
* Responding to any guest requests, or complaints, in a professional manner; notifying supervisors to ensure follow up.
* Report any observed violations to Human Resources.
* Adhere to the policies of the Hotel, as set forth in the Employee Handbook.
* Prior laundry experience preferred.
* Ability to interact well with others.
* Ability to operate a commercial washer extractor, iron, dryers, and folders. Along with all other laundry equipment.
* Physical requirements include walking, standing, bending, lifting, sitting, and reaching.
* Ability to work in moderately loud work environment for long periods of time, and communicate effectively in such environment.
* Ability to transport, handle and/or lift 75 lbs. (NOTE: housekeeping supplies and laundry).
Schedules may include evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Benchmark is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of a person's race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, mental or physical disability, medical condition, marital status, Vietnam era veteran status, or any other category protected by law. We encourage a diverse workplace that reflects the diversity of our community.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...