CHENEGA SECURITY & SUPPORT SOLUTIONS (CS3)
**Company Job Title:**
**Chenega Job Title:**
Guard II, Armed
White Sands, NM
Non-Exempt, Full Time, Regular
* TheSecurity Officer(SO) is primarily responsible to perform protective service work such as guarding NASA owned or leased buildings and property, protecting NASA equipment and material, and patrolling NASA property by vehicle, by bicycle, and on foot. TheSOwill respond to emergencies, enforce NASA regulations, and conduct crowd, parking, and traffic control, inspections, and perimeter and internal access control. TheSOis armed with a side arm, shotgun, or other weapons as required.
**Duties and Responsibilities:**
* Follow all company personnel and safety policies, and perform all assigned duties in a safe work manner
* Arrive at work in proper uniform and carrying needed, issued equipment
* Exercise physical force up to and including deadly force
* Participate in Guard Mount, receive assigned post, and copy any extra instructions.
* Carry out general and special orders for post assigned
* Required to interact and escort as required with public and government personnel
* Provide traffic control and roadway & parking area safety through the application of directed enforcement techniques using observation and technical means to detect and cite violators
* Provide access control, traffic control and deter and report unauthorized entry to the installation
* Responsible for badging all visitors to WSTF and WSC facilities.
* Maintain accountability, cleanliness and serviceability of uniform and equipment assigned
* Follow applicable standard operating procedures and NASA regulations pertaining to security of weapons, buildings, personnel, NASA property and equipment
* Conduct personnel, vehicular, building, & facility checks and package & parcel inspections
* Must be able to work flexible hours to include weekends and holidays if needed.
* Other duties as assigned
**Minimum Qualifications:**(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
* Minimum High School Diploma or GED.
* Must be at least 21 years of age.
* Minimum of two years' experience as a full time employee of a civilian law enforcement agency, military police, or government or civilian security guard organization or minimum of three years military experience in specified military occupational specialties in which the military tour of duty included duties involving security, force protection, weapons proficiency, protecting property, maintaining law and order, protecting lives or other duties similar in nature (i.e., Military Police, Infantry, Special Forces, Security Forces, Communications, War Veteran, etc).
* Honorably discharged (If Applicable)
* Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret government clearance
* Completed or be able to complete JSCPSC II Orientation Course
* Completed or be able to complete NPSTA Security Officer Fundamentals Certificate Course
* Must be able to meet drug testing and alcohol - free workforce requirements to include random drug and/or alcohol testing.
* Must speak, read, write, and understand the English language, apply written rules, detailed orders, instructions and training material.
* Have no record or history of illegal drug use, sale, possession, or manufacture.
* Have no felony convictions and no convictions that reflect on the individual's reliability including those crimes classified under the Lautenburg Act.
* Must be able to maintain and qualify periodically on a course of fire with handgun, or other special weapons.
* Must be able to meet and maintain NASA Physical Certifications.
* Be able to successfully pass all required Psychological examinations
* In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
**Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:**
* Skill in operating a personal computer and standard office equipment.
* Must have proficiency in a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database, (MSWord, Excel, Access, PowerPoint), and Outlook
**Physical Demands:**(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
* While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
**Work Environment:**(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.)
* The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
* During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
**Organization:** *Chenega Security & Support Solutions*
**Title:** *Security Officer- White Sands, NM*
**Location:** *New Mexico*
**Requisition ID:** *190#######*
Associated topics: alarm, canine detection, guard, loss control, metal detection, monitor, patrol officer, protection, security, university