Our commitment to quality service and performance begins with attracting the most qualified employees and cleaning professionals who wish to work alongside leaders in the building maintenance field. With support and recognition from co-workers and management, our employees have an opportunity to attain the highest level of professional achievement and personal satisfaction in a dynamic and friendly environment.
NATURE OF WORK
Contributes to the effective operations of the Encompass Onsite Environmental Services department, by daily cleaning and supplying of classrooms, administrative areas, residential halls, lounges, offices, waiting areas, and other areas, as assigned, in accordance with standard policies and procedures. Encompass Onsite House Keepers use cleaning devices, products, supplies and equipment to perform their job. Removes trash and linen from the facility as needed
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Operates various mechanized cleaning equipment, such as vacuums, polishers, buffers, etc.
- Maintain facility in a sanitary and infection-free condition through washing, cleaning and replacement of equipment and furnishings.
- Requires working in damp, dusty and dirty areas. Must clean up human waste and other body fluids, as required.
- Responsible for disposal of trash, waste, and other disposable materials.
- Must handle various cleaning solvents, chemicals, etc. Must comply with all regulations such as OSHA, EPA, State Health Department, etc.
- Plan work schedule for major tasks.
- Damp dust furniture, light fixtures, window sills, etc.
- Empty trash containers daily.
- Wet mop floors in all rooms and bathrooms. Damp mop all corridor floors, lobby, dining areas, and others daily.
- Clean wash basins, mirrors, commodes, tubs, and showers daily.
- Clean all air vents.
- Report any needed repairs immediately to supervisor (such as leaky faucets or toilets, loose tile, broken window panes, missing nuts or screws, etc.)
- Wash windows as scheduled.
- Completely strip and recoat all floor areas when necessary and as scheduled.
- Check entire area for spills, water, etc. periodically.
- Follow instructions on use of germicidal solutions to clean. All procedures for solution use will be part of the housekeepers training.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required
- Duties require verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prepare and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and the general public.