Housekeeping and Laundry Supervisor
Compensation: $32,913.33 - $51,000.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
St. Patrick's Manor is a nonprofit, short-term and long-term care facility sponsored by the Carmelite Sisters. St. Patrick's Manor is a place of life, a place of caring, and more importantly, a true home for over 300 residents. Located on twenty-six acres of lush manicured lawns and gardens in Framingham, MA, we are just minutes from Rte. 9, which allows for easy access to the Mass Pike.
* Do you Love Serving residents and having relationships with their families?
* Do you take pride in knowing you are providing top quality care?
* Do you want a career in a nursing facility that values treating all people with dignity and respect?
We would like to talk with you about an opportunity for a full time career in a well respected, long term care nursing facility.
Responsible for the weekend oversight and management of the housekeeping and laundry department.
The primary objective for the Supervisor of Environmental Services is to assist the Director in setting consistent goals for the highest quality of service and level of cleanliness and proper sanitation in the Environmental Services Department.
Full time position
* Hours: 3:00 pm until 11:00 pm
* Days vary and include every weekend
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Integrate values of Carmelite Philosophy of Care
* Respect the dignity of each person
* Communicate in a positive, caring, and helpful manner with residents, family members, and other staff.
* Respond in a timely manner to all facility housekeeping requests and assisting with projects as needed
* Ability to work effectively within a team, receiving and offering direction and feedback as needed
* Supervise Housekeeping and Laundry personnel
* Establish standards and procedures for work of housekeeping and laundry staffInspect and evaluate cleanliness and physical condition of all common areas, dining rooms, resident rooms, and offices (especially walls, sills and carpets). During these \"rounds\", note possible hazards and items in need of repair. Notify the Director of Environmental Services of any hazards
* Assist with maintaining clean, organized and inventoried storerooms
* Experience in a Long Term Care facility is preferred including floor and carpet care power equipment and experience supervising staff.
* Communication Skills:
* Effective written and oral communication skills and organizational ability. Able to read, write and understand English. Ability to communicate in a professional manner with Department Heads and Nursing staff
We offer a competitive rate of pay and a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
* affordable health, dental and vision insurance
* free life insurance
* short term disability
* vacation, sick pay, and paid holidays
* pension plan after 1 year
Apply online today if you have a genuine interest in a rewarding career working with the senior population!* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...