: US-GA-Atlanta# of Openings
: HousekeepingPosition Type
: Regular Full-TimeFLSA Status
: Non-ExemptAbout Us
Join Team Whitley! Located right in the heart of Buckhead with convenient access to the highway and two Marta Train stations, the Whitley has an awe-inspiring view of the city skyline. Gathering together was Buckhead's original purpose, and this remains a focus of our hotel so that we are able to provide a home away from home for our guests. Our associates have access to many benefits such as discounted parking and train passes, discounted dry cleaning, complimentary meals and discounted spa services. In addition to all of this, we invest in our associates by providing cross-training, promotional opportunities and tuition reimbursement. Looking to grow your career with the leading luxury hotel in the area? Come in to see us today! Overview
Attend to the cleaning process of hotel linens to ensure guests and associates experience a clean hotel.Responsibilities
- Operate washing and drying equipment, load and unload laundry from machines. Measure and administer cleaning agents to laundry according to product specifications.
- Monitor feeder information on washers, make sure all drums are full, and report any irregularities to immediate supervisor.
- Set the proper drying and cooling times for different types of linen.
- Clean up machines and surrounding areas.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- Working knowledge of the use of laundry chemicals and different formulas, as well as effects on various types of linen.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work.
- Ability to lift, bend, stoop, push or pull heavy loads, and stand for long periods of time with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Requires lifting bundles of linen weighing up to 75 lbs. Ability to push and/or pull wheeled carts weighing up to 100 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public etc.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical, Dental and Vision insurance programs geared to you and your family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your financial wellness, HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life insurance as well as Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Associated topics: cleaner, cleaning, hotel, housekeeping, janitorial, planchador de lavanderia, planchadores tintoreria y lavanderia, room attendant, suite attendant, white