Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts.You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Resort Warehouse Manager oversees Shipping/Receiving for all Mountain Operation departments and Food and Beverage outlets and the rental retail division. In this role, you will manage receipt of orders on Coupa and delivery of all parcel items via the Resort Courier and Food and Beverage second shift transport team and have responsibility for all warehouse vehicles, equipment, and facilities. The Manager is also responsible for all hiring, training, and performance management of staff. Responsible for managing all warehouse operations. This includes hiring/staffing, scheduling, and performance management/evaluations. Directs day-to-day work of Warehouse Specialist. Enforces safety standards and related policies and procedures. Maintains controls over facility, training, payroll, and labor costs. Implements and maintains a proper inventory system for the entire resort F&B; division, including but not limited to food and beverage, liquor, shipping, etc. Responsible for implementing a proper system of controls.
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversight of the Shipping and Receiving and Employee Center department budget and capital.
- Oversight of all receiving for the mailroom, warehouse, and food and beverage deliveries.
- Oversight of transport of all food and beverage product and equipment to on-mountain restaurants.
- Oversight of all waste and recycling efforts for the 3 on-mountain restaurants and base area restaurants.
- Oversight of transport of all parcels and post office mail to all resort locations via the Resort Courier.
- Responsible for the receipt and delivery of all UPS, FedEx, USPS packages for all resort related business.
- Oversight of product rotation and organization of base area restaurants receiving areas.
- Upholding safe food handling for all F&B; locations between receipt & delivery.
- Responsible for all end of season and in season uniform laundry shipments.
- Responsible for all timely receipt of Mountain Operations orders in Coupa.
- Responsible for hiring, on-boarding, training, goal setting, performance management, and development of both department staffs.
- Point of contact for all vendors (Ex. Helly Hansen, US Foods, AB, Pepsi, Staples, Fastenal)
- Responsible for the appropriate processes of invoicing for any outlet.
- Responsible for the coding of all invoicing processed for capital projects.
- Responsible for controlling & payment of all billing associated with mail & mailroom machine.
- Ensures a clean and organized work environment
- Facilitates the growth of the warehouse business to accommodate the associated growth of the department.
- Supports strong leadership and the growth opportunities of team members both inside the department and as a resort.
- Maintains a regular inventory of stored product for affiliated business & overflow.
- Supports all related business areas during peak periods to provide exceptional service.
- Maintains standards of appearance of the CBMR/Vail Resorts guidelines.
- Manages the hiring process, coaching and documentation of all employees within the department.
- Responsible for the management of all affiliated business systems relative to the warehouse operations.
- Responsible for managing the temp logs and ensuring the proper
- Ensures availability of food in consideration of advance preparation needs and time scheduling.
- Constantly spot checks walk-ins, freezers, and storage to ensure that inventories are maintained at adequate levels.
- Dates all stock prior to placing it into walk-ins, walk-in freezer and dry good store room
- Performs all month end inventory counts, with witness, to ensure timely submission of inventory levels to accounting
- Communicates any and all concerns regarding spoilage, old/unused product, and possible liquidation.
- Coordinates scheduling with direct report (TM Lead: Warehouse) to ensure proper coverage all days of the week
- High School Diploma required. College degree preferred.
- Min 3 years of experience managing staff
- Forklift certified and Snowcat certified - preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Coupa experience preferred
- Equipment and warehouse experience preferred
- Sersafe Certification preferred
- Supervisory experience preferred.
We re looking for team members whose legendary attention to detail and commitment to phenomenal service comes naturally. Pursue a lifestyle that will elevate your expectation of what work can look like. Nothing is too big or too small for the staff to bravely pursue and elevate the expectations of the guest. Do you possess a calling for delivering world-class events and amenities? Then Beaver Creek is for you.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 164643
Associated topics: analyst, inventory control, leader, logistics analyst, logistics manager, manager, senior, rep, warehouse, warehouse management