ABOUT ENCORE BOSTON HARBOR Encore Boston Harbor is a luxury global destination gaming resort that will feature 671 hotel rooms with sweeping views of the Boston skyline and Boston Harbor, ultra-premium spa, luxury retail, high-end dining, and state-of-the-art ballroom and meeting spaces. At a total cost of $2.5 billion, it is the largest private single-phase development in the history of the Commonwealth. Situated on the waterfront along the Mystic River and connected to Boston Harbor, Encore Boston Harbor will include a six-acre park along the water that will feature a harborwalk, an events lawn, public viewing areas, ornate floral displays and retail and dining experiences that overlook the Encore Harbor Walk.
Encore Boston Harbor is currently under construction with resort opening anticipated June 2019. Once open, Encore Boston Harbor will employ over 4,000 team members. We invite you to apply to be a member of the founding Encore Boston Harbor team.
The Encore Boston Harbor Shift Manager - Housekeeping is responsible for overseeing the daily shift operations of the Housekeeping Operations. This position will share responsibility for the financial performance, guest room cleanliness, guest satisfaction, and employee satisfaction as it relates to the operation. This position will manage all Guest Room Attendants and ensure Encore standards of cleanliness and efficiencies are consistently met. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to; the management of the department strategy and ensuring alignment with overall Encore Boston Harbor strategy; maximizing opportunities for departmental and company success; maintaining all Encore Standards: and ensuring excellent guest and team member experience.
* Ensures all Encore Boston Harbor core values and property and department standards are implemented and applied.
* Manages short-and long-term departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures; monitors and evaluates operational effectiveness; effects changes required for improvement. Identifies key drivers of success.
* Manages the departmental performance, and the accuracy, confidentiality, and thoroughness of departmental policies and procedures; records and reports.
* Manages the performance of team members under his/her area of responsibility.
* Monitors all activities of the department to ensure that all applicable internal policies, federal and state laws, rules, regulations and controls property wide are enforced.
* Ensures department delivers and maintains a maximum level of property-wide service and satisfaction.
* Facilitates communication throughout the property by organizing and presiding over regularly scheduled meetings with team members within the department and with other departments as appropriate to ensure property wide communication.
* Responsible for hiring, performance management, and employee engagement within the department. Provides training opportunities, constructive and positive feedback to team members within area of responsibility. Creates a motivating environment.
* Keeps informed of all new developments within the department and makes recommendations designed to maximize department and company success.
* Effectively manages internal and external guest relations, which will require levels of patience, tact and diplomacy. Responsible for addressing guest and team member issues as appropriate.
* Manages multiple priorities simultaneously and meets deadlines, often in stressful and high-pressure situations.
* Must have the ability to promote positive, fair, and ethical relations with all team member, with all Encore contractors, and in all interactions within the Host and Surrounding communities as an ambassador of the Encore brand.
* Ensures the Encore standards of cleanliness and appearance for all housekeeping areas, which include but not limited to; guest rooms, back of house lockers, and tower public areas.
* Responsible for assisting in the managing all levels of staff including, quality assurance supervisors, guest room attendants, house person, and utility house person.
* Provides clear direction, establishes goals and appropriate time frames, manages overall guest satisfaction, and monitors progress to achieve desired results.
* Responsible for the productivity of assigned Guest Room Attendants and House Persons and other team members. Works closely with staff to ensure their success.
* Responsible for assisting with daily shift duties.
* Assists the Senior Manager and Director with daily duties, which include, but are not limited to: room quality control, guest requests, tracking keys, daily pass downs, conducting pre-shifts, overseeing special projects, maintaining equipment and supplies necessary to support the department.
* Responsible for assisting with training and staff development.
* Conducts inspections in all guest rooms, hallways and related back of house space in order to maintain a high level of cleanliness.
* Works closely with maintenance manager and engineering department to ensure upkeep of the assigned area(s)/rooms. Works with safety as a priority, and follows department and company safety standards.
* Maintains relevant knowledge of industry through continuing education and training.
* Performs any other job-related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Age, Gaming and Certifications:
21 years of age or above.
Will be required to obtain and maintain registration or a license issued by the Massachusetts Gaming Commission.
Education and/or Experience:
High School degree or equivalent required. Bachelor's Degree in a related field or equivalent experience preferred.
Minimum 5 years of Hotel/Housekeeping experience required, 3 years in a leadership role preferred.
Requires strong computer skills and basic knowledge of Microsoft Office preferred.
Candidate must have experience with planning and project management.
Must possess outstanding organizational, interpersonal, and administrative skills, as well as excellent attention to detail.
Knowledge of union as well as non-union working environments preferred.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents, such as policy and procedure manuals, maintenance instructions, and other related documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries from other employees or guests. Fluency in English required, second language a plus. Ability to write detailed instructions and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations.
Mathematical Skills & Reasoning Ability:
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to decipher reports and maintain reports on request.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is also regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, and to sit, climb or balance, and stoop, stretch, bend, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Essential responsibilities include moderate physical ability such as lift or maneuver at least thirty (30) pounds, and varied instances of standing/walking.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that exists while Team Members are performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* The noise level in the work environment is typically moderate. When on property floor or some back of house areas, the noise level increases to loud. Must be able to interact with internal and external guests in a professional manner.
* Due to the unpredictable nature of the hospitality/entertainment industry, Team Members must be able to work varying-schedules to reflect the business needs of the property.
In accordance with our host and surrounding community agreements, we will give preference to properly qualified residents of the cities of (1) Everett, (2) Malden, and (3) Boston, Cambridge, Chelsea, Medford, and Somerville.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.